VETERANS FOR PEACE WILL HAVE A PRESENCE AT THE CIVIC ARTS PLAZA SITE
NOT ONE MORE – MARCH FOR OUR LIVES
We have not forgotten the massacre at the Borderline Bar and Grill in 2018 where 13 people were killed and 15 injured. We grieve for them as we grieve for the victims of UVALDE, BUFFALO, and SACRAMENTO – just three of 172 mass shootings in the United States this year that have killed 180 people and injured 715 more. (Gun Violence Archive).
Instead of COMMON SENSE GUN REGULATION, like:
- Closing the “Charlotte Loophole” to give the FBI more than three days for background checks
- Requiring background checks for gun show and private gun purchases
- Removing guns from persons threatening harm to themselves or others
- Requiring safe storage of firearms to prevent theft or harm in the home
- Removing laws that protect fire arms manufacturers from liability
- Banning Assault weapons
Congress argues around peripheral issues at the same time the Supreme Court will be deciding NY State Rifle & Pistol Association v Bruen that would allow permit-less carry anywhere in the United States.
Youth across America are calling upon us to stand up and demonstrate against this insane epidemic of senseless violence. Here’s what we can do:
- Demonstrate, Saturday, June 11th, in Thousand Oaks at 11 am.
- Volunteer at the march: https://forms.gle/aNJHcKeHXoKN4Hr99
Let us know you’re coming through FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/events/5664213460256002